Lufthansa

Lufthansa

Deutsche Lufthansa AG (FWB: LHA) (German pronunciation: [ˈdɔʏtʃə ˈlʊfthanzaː]), commonly known as Lufthansa (sometimes also as Lufthansa German Airlines), is the largest German airline and, when combined with its subsidiaries, also the largest airline in Europe, in terms of fleet size,  and the second largest airline in terms of passengers carried during 2016. It operates services to 18 domestic and 197 international destinations in 78 countries across Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe, using a fleet of more than 270 aircraft. Lufthansa is one of the five founding members of Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance, formed in 1997. The name of the company is derived from Luft ‘air’ and Hansa, the Hanseatic League.

 

Besides its own passenger airlines Austrian Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Brussels Airlines, and Eurowings including Germanwings (referred to in English by Lufthansa as its Passenger Airline Group), Deutsche Lufthansa AG owns several aviation-related companies such as Lufthansa Technik as part of the Lufthansa Group. Combined with its subsidiaries, the group has 656 aircraft, as of February 2016, making it one of the largest passenger airline fleets in the worldIn 2014, the group carried over 106 million passengers.

 

Lufthansa’s registered office and corporate headquarters are in Cologne. The main operations base, called Lufthansa Aviation Center (LAC), is at Lufthansa’s primary hub at Frankfurt Airport.    The majority of Lufthansa’s pilots, ground staff, and flight attendants are based there.  Lufthansa’s secondary hub is Munich Airport.

 

Lufthansa was a state-owned enterprise (and flag carrier) until 1994.  In 2014, 60% of Lufthansa’s shares were held by institutional investors. The remaining 40% were held by individual stock owners.  Since 1970, Lufthansa has involved its employees in profit sharing, giving them the opportunity to choose between cash and preference shares. When Lufthansa was privatised, employees received more than 3% of its shares.

 

Click here for more information

Your permitted free baggage allowance is based upon the travel class and fare you have booked as well as your passenger status and is shown on your passenger receipt.
Please remember to affix your name and (mobile) phone number to each piece of baggage before checking it in at the airport.

Fares on European flights

For flights within Europe the free baggage rules are determined by the Europe fare options:

Booking an extra piece of baggage

If you are travelling on the Economy Class Light fare, you have the option of booking one piece of baggage, weighing up to 23 kg, for a fee

Click here for more information

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://byflysa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/1280px-Lufthansa.a320-200.d-aipa.arp_.jpg);background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: initial;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 650px;}
Translate »