Kenya Airways Ltd., more commonly known as Kenya Airways, is the flag carrier of Kenya. The company was founded in 1977, after the dissolution of East African Airways. The carrier‘s head office is located in Embakasi, Nairobi, with its hub at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The airline was wholly owned by the Government of Kenya until April 1995, and it was privatised in 1996, becoming the first African flag carrier to successfully do so. Kenya Airways is currently a public-private partnership. The largest shareholder is the Government of Kenya (29.8.%), followed by KLM, which has a 26.73% stake in the company. The rest of the shares are held by private owners; shares are traded on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange, and the Uganda Securities Exchange.
At January 2013 Kenya Airways was considered one of the leading Sub-Saharan operators. It was ranked fourth among the top ten African airlines by seat capacity, behind South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and EgyptAir.The airline became a full member of SkyTeam in June 2010, and is also a member of the African Airlines Association since 1977.
Mission & Vision
“Be the Pride of Africa, by inspiring our people and delighting our guests consistently.”
Safety– We shall always consider safety as a number one priority, for our People and Guests
- KQ strives to meet the highest standards for safety in the workplace and operations.
- We ensure that all our employees and those with whom they work, perform their duties in a safe manner.
Customer First- We shall always anticipate and deliver to the needs of those we serve – our guests
- Everything we do begins and ends with the customer experience in mind.
- We listen to our customers and deliver ever-increasing value in the markets we serve.
Respect- We shall always show respect to everyone we meet.
- We respect and value the worth of all people and this crosses the cultures, viewpoints and backgrounds.
- We treat each other with honesty, dignity and sensitivity.
Integrity- We shall always act with integrity.
- All of our actions and decisions should be bound by rock-solid integrity.
- All of us act in the best interest of the company while accepting personal responsibility.
Passion- We shall always inspire passion in our people to create quality solutions
- Our enthusiasm and care for the business fuels our dedication for Guest service.
- What we do and how we do it, is important; it is what sets us apart.
Trust- We build trust in our daily relationships
- KQ’s culture promotes trust, teamwork and dignity within our diverse workforce.
- Our words and actions are consistent.
For more info: Click here
Baggage allowance details shown are indications for Kenya Airways operated flights only and may be subject to change depending on aircraft operated on the day of travel. Flights operated by other airlines under a Kenya Airways flight number may be subject to other baggage restrictions.
|AFRICA-America/Europe||2pc 32kg max each||2pc 23kg max each|
|AFRICA-Middle East/Asia||2PC 32kg max each||2PC 23kg max each|
|East African Destinations & 5th Freedom sectors)||2PC 32kg max each||1PC max 23kg|
|Intra AFRICA 1 and 5th Freedom sectors)||2PC 32kg max each||2PC 23kg each|
Intra AFRICA 2 and Rest of Africa
(Excluding East African Destinations)
|2PC 32kg max each||2PC 23kg max each|
|Domestic||1PC 32kg max each||1PC max 23kg|
|Marine/seamen/military (for any routing)||2PC 32kg max each||2PC 23kg max each|
Sky Team Elite plus & Elite
(Platinum, Gold and Silver card holders)
|1 piece EXTRA 32kg max||1 piece EXTRA 23kg max|
*5th Freedom sectors are all flights KQ operates without touching the hub, Nairobi e.g. Bujumbura-Kigali,Abidjan – Dakar, Bangkok-Guangzhou, Bangkok-Hongkong and vice versa.
* As a mandatory standard each piece of checked in baggage shall have a name label that bears the passenger’s name, physical address and phone number on the outside and also on the inside. The name should be the same as the one mentioned on the ticket. An email address is also recommended.
- Guests travelling from Jeddah are allowed to carry one free bottle of Holy Water, Max 5 Litres. The bottle must be sealed with a plastic covering to avoid leakage. KQ has no liability on Holy Water, no claims shall be filed. Note: For ease of handling, the maximum weight of each piece of baggage shall not exceed 32kgs (70Ibs) and total dimensions shall not exceed 158cms (62 inches) (L+W+H)
- Under special conditions or authorization, non-normal item, motorized wheelchairs, special sporting equipment may be accepted as checked baggage with exceeding weight of 32kgs.
For bags originating from Dubai, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Guangzhou, total dimensions shall not exceed 180cms (71 inches) for each bag.1
- In addition to free cabin baggage allowance, an infant is entitled to 1 collapsible stroller plus 1 car seat free of charge.
- Incapacitated passengers may carry one wheelchair or mobility device free of charge.
- The actual free allowance of the guest may differ if code share or interline traffic is involved. In these cases, the allowance is automatically calculated in compliance with IATA Resolution 302.
- Free baggage allowance applied will be as stated in the Departure Control System (DCS) or on the e-ticket.
for more info: click here