FlySafair began operations in October 2014, but the company behind the airline, Safair, has been in operation for over 50 years.
Safair is one of Africa’s foremost specialist aviation companies offering a wide range of specialist airlift services. In one part of the business we operate an incredible type of aircraft called the Lockheed Hercules C130 pictured here. These amazing aircraft allow us to carry large and bulky cargo and land in obscure places from short dirt runways in deep Africa to ice in Antarctica.
The other side of our business has been a leasing and cargo business. Here we largely operate Boeing aircraft on contracts for other airlines. If you’ve been a semi-regular flier in South Africa since the 1980’s there’s actually a very high chance that you’ve been on a Safair aircraft before. We actually operated the maiden flight for Kulula and have done work for Air Namibia, South African Airways and Ryanair to name a few.
Our Vision & Mission
When we launched the airline we saw a great opportunity in the South African market to make a difference. We wanted to create an airline that would open the skies to many who had never flown before thanks to great fares, and we wanted to do this while offering a really solid service. As a result of this we have the following vision and mission.
Our vision is simple:
The people that work at Safair are a very special breed. We love everything about flying: We love aircraft and the miracle that is modern flight. We love adventure. We love connecting people, and most of all, we love sharing our passion for flying with our customers.
FlySafair boasts a full IOSA safety accreditation. IOSA is the IATA Operational Safety Audit and represents the foremost measure of the safety for airlines across the world. While Safair has held these credentials for a while, Audits are conducted periodically and our last audit, which we passed with flying colours, was conducted in September of 2015.
Safair is also a Level 4 BBBEE contrubuter – a copy of our certificate can be obtained here.
Cheap flights to Cape Town
FlySafair offers cheap flights to Cape Town from Johannesburg, Durban, East London and Port Elizabeth. From Johannesburg we fly to Cape Town from both O.R. Tambo International Airport and From Lanseria International Airport. Click here to view our full schedule.
Things to do in Cape Town
The list of things to do in Cape Town is almost endless, especially in the summer when the beautiful beaches are at their best. Fun activities in Cape Town include:
- Amazing hikes on Table Mountain
- The Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden
- Camps Bay Beach and cocktail bars
- Fish and Chips at the Hout Bay Harbour
- A tour of the famous Cape Winelands
- Clifton Beaches
- The V&A Waterfront
- Mzoli’s Butchery in Gugulethu
- Surfing in Muizenberg
Cheap Flights to Durban
FlySafair offers cheap flights to Durban from Johannesburg and Cape Town. Depending on the season we operate a differing number of flights from each destination to Durban, with more flights in the summer months. Click here to view our full schedule.
Things to do in Durban
Durban weather is very agreeable for most of the year, making it an awesome place for outdoor activities. A few top Durban things to do include:
- Beaching on the gorgeous Golden Mile
- Visiting uShaka Marine World and Water Park
- Shopping at the Gateway Theatre of Shopping
- Visiting the Suncoast Casino
- Checking out the Umgeni River Bird Park
- Catching a game at the Moses Mabida Stadium
- Browsing the Durban Botanical Gardens
- Catching a surf
Cheap flights to Johannesburg
FlySafair offers cheap flights to Johannesburg from all major cities in South Africa including Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, George and East London. We operate most flights out of O.R. Tambo International Airport, but also offer flights to Cape Town and George from Lanseria International Airport.
Our flight schedules tend to fill up more in the popular summer months where we increase our frequency of flights into and out of Johannesburg. Click here for a full view of our schedule.
Things to do in Johannesburg
Being a large and active city, Johannesburg is simply bursting with great things to do. Beyond the spoils of city life also lies the opportunity to get out into the great South African bushveld to explore the Highveld. Here’s a list of a few great things to do in Jozi:
- Visit the Maboneng Precinct for shopping and restaurants
- Check out the constitutional court of the country at Constitution Hill
- Catch a show at the Market Theatre
- Visit the Johannesburg Zoo
- Relax in the beautiful Emmarentia Park
- Visit the Braamfontein NeighbourGoods Market
- Shop designer brands in Sandton City Mall
- Learn about South African history at the Apartheid Museum
- Explore the history of icon Nelson Mandela with visits to Vilakazi Street and Liliesleaf Farm
- Head out of town to the Pilanesburg Nature Reserve
- Visit the Voortrekker Monument in Pretoria
- Explore trendy 27 Boxes in Melville
- Catch a game at the FNB Stadium or Ellis Park Stadium
- Check out the SAB World of Beer